Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Charlie and Wendy. and Emma Roberts.

I love reading. so much. I read pretty much anything. From books, to blogposts, even notices on the notice board. I just like reading. It gave me some kind of peace which I have no idea how to describe. Hence I have a lot magazines, and novels, and newspapers. Not to mention hours spending in front of my laptop reading funny stories I get from internet. Reading gives me different perspective in viewing things in my life.

Enough of gloating, 20 minutes ago, I've done reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower. What took me 20 minutes to write this down? My broadband is slow tonight because it almost reaching its usage limits now, and I just my finished my dinner. Well, to be honest it was okay. Or maybe because I was really hungry while reading and my mom called me twice while I'm reading it, I get distracted. So, I don't really tapping myself into the story. Or. this novel is from a teenager's perspective on what he's going through at the time. And I'm not a teenager anymore. As much as I hated to admit it, it is true. I'm not saying that I'm grown up already, but I think I've been through what this Charlie had been, and now my perspective might has changed a little bit. 

Thankfully, I haven't watch the movie, so it gives my brain a freedom of imagination. Unfortunately, I happen to know the actors that cast for the characters and for some reason I kept portraying how the actors trying to act the characters. Well, maybe I should go re-read it again, then watch the movie and re-read it again. See if my perspective of this novel would change. Overall, I still think the way it's written is brilliant. It's from the Charlie (main character) POV and he describes his complicated thoughts brilliantly. The complicated feeling that I get from this novel is pretty similar with the movie that I watched a while ago It' Kind of a Funny Story starred by Emma Roberts. Not so much of a review, eh?

Anyway, talking about novels, I want to share an awesome trilogies that my friends and I were so excited about. It's Trylle novel series by Amanda Hocking. It started with Switched, then Torn, then the final is ascend. I bought Switched and thought it was awesome because most Fantasy novels these days are more into witches, werewolves and vampires (duh..) but this one is about troll. Then Wan give me Torn as my birthday gift and it is getting even better. Finally she bought Ascend which is the final installment of the series. I haven't read it since I don't want to distract my focus for my final exam. Now that holiday started, maybe I should borrow it after I finished re-reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower. 

random: my life is fine. It's not fair sometimes but it's fine. I figured that everyone has problems so I just sort of wing it.

No comments: